The Gear

I only have one bike at the moment. Would love to have more but it also helps me to stay mobile (as a drifter obviously).
Since I've arrived in Berlin in late October I have averaged about 100-160km (60-100 miles) per week. Since March I've been on some much longer rides with no method of tracking them. That is about to change.

Bike: Surly - Long Haul Trucker
Equipment: Don't care - it's nothing too special but robust, and easy to fix
Wheels: 700
Mods:
  • Shortened stem for more ergonomic rides
  • Front brakes on the drop handlebars - for easier position switching
  • Racks for 4 Arkel Paniers. Nothing against Ortlieb which seems to be the standard here in Germany, I normally avoid bike accessories in which I can see my own reflection.
Fully loaded, mine is on the left after biking from Paris, France to Zadar, Croatia. Time to go home after its first tour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biking in November - Aegina, Greece

The Final Days in Managua - Saturday