Mountain Biking in Colorado

I promise I didn't take a break from biking! Just the internet (sort of)

Spending a couple weeks in Colorado reminded me of the mountains. And mountain biking. So a friend of mine hooked me up with a mountain bike and I went riding. Unfortunately I didn't have my handy device but I found the (approximate) route online.

Here I climbed the link trail. It's been a while. I used this path as a training grounds before I did my first bike tour from Paris to Zadar. It's a pretty grueling uphill and I had forgotten a bunch of the turns and loose rock spots. I used to be able to make it up about 95% of the way without dismounting. This last time I think I sat on the bike only about 65% of the time. Although I did not have my clip-in shoes, nor my full suspension (had a hard tail). But that did not take away from the awesomness of the mountain. Saw some deer on the way up, the trees smelled great, and the singletrack treated me fairly well - even though overall I would say it kicked my ass.

At the top of the link trail before the Betasso loop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biking in November - Aegina, Greece

The Final Days in Managua - Saturday