Stage 14: San Lorenzo to Choluteca

My ride today is still within Honduras - no borders. It's also only about 25 miles. I wanted to make sure I could take the heat before doing a longer ride. I'm also a bit encouraged, because at this point I only have about 150 miles or so left until Managua.

The view as I headed out of May's house and out of her village of San Jeronimo

I was still pretty tired, but made it to Choluteca with no issues. The town seems to be more of a place where people lived and worked, but the tourism opportunities were all outside of the town. I had originally planned to stay with a couchsurfer here, but she had left the country and was trying to make the perilous journey to cross the border into the United States from Mexico, so she was not around. I decided I would try to keep cool and checked into a hotel in downtown Choluteca - one with air conditioning. I lay in bed under the air conditioner, and caught up a bit on this blog.

The streets riding into Choluteca

I did go into town for a bit and walked around the market. It was extremely hot and there were many food stands with people grilling meats over hot grills. I stopped somewhere for some asada, which comes with a huge side of fried plantain chips.

An asada grill in the Choluteca Market
 
This was certainly not the most exciting day of the tour, but I feel like I've recovered from the previous day quite well at this point. My plan is to go to sleep very early and get an early start to my ride tomorrow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Final Days in Managua - Saturday

Biking in November - Aegina, Greece