Summer Riding!

This past weekend finally saw the first official day of summer. To which all the Germans joked that we better enjoy because it will be cold again 3 days from now.
So of course this entails bike rides, especially to lakes. Although "summer" in Berlin and northern Germany means something different than in New Mexico where I grew up. Mainly, I expect it to be in the 90's every day for several months.
Alas, these northern climates are lucky to break into the mid 80's. Although it does stay light out until 11.

This was a good chance to test out my new bike that Mylène had brought over from the US for me - we now have a tradition of bringing bikes over when we are in the US. This bike is a fast flyer and I will be taking her on many more outings - especially races. Although this weekend ride was much more leisurely, there were four of us - a scenery enjoyment ride, but no harm in trying to sprint a few times.


Mylene and Kristyn enjoying the wide open Spree-Oder bike path.



We rode down to Wochowsee, because I saw it on the map in the middle if a bunch of green.


Trying out my new ride.





Fabian chillaxing at the 100km mark. 40 more to go!




After my delight with the giant 3-wheeler in Chernivtsi, Ukraine I was delighted to come across this one in Storkow. Apparently it's not only the largest in the world, but rideable too. It was actually a kind of bicycle museum but the curator was pretty surly and the price was far too high to justify stopping in the great town of Storkow.
On the other hand, Mylène found a tribute to her Alsacian bird's namesake.



The Alsacian Stork finds her German counterpart




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biking in November - Aegina, Greece

The Final Days in Managua - Saturday